Saturday, July 08, 2006

Some pithy quotes

In the code of the Satyagrahi, there is no such thing as surrender to brute force.
Mohandas Gandhi

I do not believe in death without resurrection. If they kill me, I will be resurrected in the Salvadoran people.
Oscar Romero, not long before his assasination

Recognize that being followers of Jesus is costly, and entails selfless love, conscientious resistance to evil, and renunciation of privilege.
Point 8, the Eight Points of Progressive Christianity

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King, Jr

Nay, I came to keep bloodguiltiness from you, desiring you to repeal the unrighteous and unjust law made against the innocent servants of the Lord. Nay, man, I am not now to repent.
Mary Dyer, before being executed

"Let's get lunch."
Attributed to Pope John XXIII, after being elected

No comments: